Simple Calendar Plugin - Calendars Gone after Update

Ted Carter November 17, 2013

I updated the Simple Calendar plugin (ru.mail.jira.plugins.mailrucal) to version 1.7.0. After the update, all of the existing calendars created by all users were gone. Please advise how to restore these calendars.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ted Carter November 25, 2013

Closing issue - we have recreated the needed calendars.

1 vote
Ted Carter November 24, 2013

Closing the question - did not determine what happened to the missing calendars, but we're moving ahead with new calendars.

0 votes
Ted Carter November 18, 2013

Andrey,

The update didn't bring the calendars back, but I love the drag and drop capability. At this point I wouldn't worry too much about the missing calendars; they are easy to recreate. This just reminds me to test out updates in our test instance of JIRA more thoroughly before implementing in production!

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

I will implement also resizing for ranges and summary view. Very strange situation with your calendars. Guys who use jira 5.2.x had not any problems. I will investigate more.

Ted Carter November 18, 2013

Thanks, Andrey. I really appreciate your prompt response and efforts to troubleshoot.

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi Ted,

I have found the problem. Will fix during 1-2 days. Thanks a lot.

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2013

Done in version 1.7.2

Ted Carter November 19, 2013

I updated in our test instance, and am not seeing the missing calendars. However, new calendars have been created, and I suspect this might have wiped out the old ones.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

I will try to reproduce. Could you look at logs, please?

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

Hi!
I have updated the calendar and added Drag and Drop support. Please, try

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

What version was before update?

No change in the JIRA version - this happened when I updated the Simple Calendar plugin from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

What version of JIRA?

JIRA 5.1.5. When I unistalled 1.7.0 and installed 1.6.0 on our test instance of JIRA, it did not fix the problem. How do I revert to 1.6.0 without uninstalling?

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi!

Try revert version. I will help. I am going to understand what it is.

Suggest an answer