Sign off procedure

Kevin Needs July 15, 2013

Hi everyone. I am in the process of creating a custom workflow for our company. I am trying to figure how we can integrate a sign off procedure.

Basically we have a UAT pas/fail decision and from there it can fo to prod, or we close the ticket as an AD HOC. The question is to move to Prod we need 2 managers to sign off on the move. Has anyone been able to incorporate this before, and if so how?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

I'll give you an example with one manager -

1. Create a step "Approval by manager required", so after pass/fail the next step is this.
  2. Then the transition between "Approval by manager required" and the next step ("Closed" or "Approved by Manager" for example) should have a condition "Only users in project role Managers can execute this transition."

I've taken this example from a JIRA sample project called "Purchasing" available in the backup provided here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Sample+File+-+Project+Management

On the link above you can also find some diagrams explaining the workflow I mentioned.

Suggest an answer