Shows no access to Jira after change in email address

srikarad November 8, 2020

Hi,

I recently changed my email address in the profile settings in atlassian. I am the organization owner, however once I changed the email address and verified the new email. I get the error that this user does not have access to "my organization's atlassian". Digging further I realised that I can't access any other product from atlassian from the organization's page.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
srikarad November 9, 2020

Reply from Atlassian support on how to safely change email address:

Hi Srikara,

Thanks for getting back to us, and that's a great question! It's generally a god idea to make your email address changes in the https://id.atlassian.com/ page you linked, since that allows for the email change to proliferate throughout your Atlassian system while retaining your same Account ID (which is what your administrative role and permission settings are tied to).

I hope that clears up the situation, Srikara! If you have any other questions or concerns that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,
Justin V.
Atlassian Cloud Team

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2020

Where did you changes your address? Assume you went to id.atlassian.com?

srikarad November 9, 2020

Apparently, something went seriously wrong with my account as some other email address was linked to the Atlassian account. Anywho, the Atlassian support provided me with necessary details to get back the access.

Furthermore, they also provided me with a safest way to change email address. I will add the answer below and close the question for future response.

Suggest an answer