Showing usage split by project

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

We'd like to get a view of which users are active (e.g. commenting/editing) split by Project on our Cloud instance. I'm not aware of any neat way to do this (including apps/plugins) - has anyone seen anything?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Kit Friend 

What problem are you trying to solve by viewing this information?  Knowing that may help the community offer you ideas, or other keywords to search for in the marketplace, for solutions.  Thanks!

Best regards,
Bill

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

Good question @Bill Sheboy

The original ask was to help the team who sponsor the instance get an understanding of activity across the various projects (e.g. which are very quiet, which have lots of active users, which are very active but only a couple of users) so they can understand which areas are being used and which aren't. 

I've not seen anything other than generic activity feed which really provides an 'event-centric' view of usage.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

One thought is that you could have a filter that shows all issues that have been updated in the last X days. I would then download that into an Excel spreadsheet and run a pivot table by project, showing the count of issues within the selected time period. Projects that are quiet wouldn't show up. If you wanted all project to show up, you could expand your time frame and your pivot table to break up the activity by week, month or quarter.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2021

Derek, I like your approach for a one-time (or a few times solution).

Kit, if you need a frequent solution and cannot find something in the marketplace, you may want to investigate using webhooks to push out the logs, and report on them in another dashboarding/log parser tool.  Or, pull out the data using the REST API.  Both of those are more complicated solutions requiring a bit of work to set them up.

Suggest an answer