Showing custom fields by default in new projects

Anton Kravtsov October 25, 2017

Hi community,

Configuration / process optimization questions here.

I create a new custom field in JIRA (Single choice, Yes /No) and included it into default screen, it is listed there. I added it to Default Screen Configuration Schema.

When I create new project, and try to create new issue, my field is not visible and when I do "where is my field" JIRA says that I need to add this field to my screen for this specific project.  

After that I created new Field configuration, created new Field Configuration schema, added Associations to all Issue types. Still nothing.

Is there a way to have this field visible by default? I do not want to modify screens every time when I create project (we plan to create tens of projects per month) and want to collect , I want to create something like a default template, that when project is created - issues screens have all the fields users need to fill.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Marko Filipan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi Anton,

you can try creating project with option Create with shared configuration. This way will allow you to set default schemes (including screen schemes) for your new projects as for one of the previous ones.

You can find out more by clicking the next link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-project-802592364.html
(section "Creating a project", subsection "About shared configuration")

Cheers,

Marko

Anton Kravtsov October 26, 2017

Hi Marko,

Thanks. I found that option but thought that there might be other way.

Thanks for answer!

Anton

Like Abhi Singh likes this
Abhi Singh August 19, 2021

Second your suggestion @Anton Kravtsov @Anton Kravtsov  - there should be a way for the default configuration to be the standard template for new projects.

Suggest an answer