Showing custom fields by default in new projects

Hi community,

Configuration / process optimization questions here.

I create a new custom field in JIRA (Single choice, Yes /No) and included it into default screen, it is listed there. I added it to Default Screen Configuration Schema.

When I create new project, and try to create new issue, my field is not visible and when I do "where is my field" JIRA says that I need to add this field to my screen for this specific project.  

After that I created new Field configuration, created new Field Configuration schema, added Associations to all Issue types. Still nothing.

Is there a way to have this field visible by default? I do not want to modify screens every time when I create project (we plan to create tens of projects per month) and want to collect , I want to create something like a default template, that when project is created - issues screens have all the fields users need to fill.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Anton,

you can try creating project with option Create with shared configuration. This way will allow you to set default schemes (including screen schemes) for your new projects as for one of the previous ones.

You can find out more by clicking the next link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-project-802592364.html
(section "Creating a project", subsection "About shared configuration")

Cheers,

Marko

Hi Marko,

Thanks. I found that option but thought that there might be other way.

Thanks for answer!

Anton

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot