Showing all values in SelectList

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi all,

how can I get all the available values in the SelectList for Components & Labels.

Now only a few values will be displayed. Only when I start the input the system suggests a given value if it is in the list available. For that I have to know which values are available and I do not have the complete list where I can choose a value.

We are using JIRA 6.1.

Thanks for any answer.

Norbert

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

https://jira.atlassian.com/i#browse/JRA-33994

Should be fixed with version 6.2.

0 votes
Robin Jansohn March 30, 2014

In the files

atlassian-jira/includes/jira/field/initComponentPickers.js
atlassian-jira/includes/jira/field/initComponentPickers-min.js

there is an option called "maxInlineResultsDisplayed". To always show the complete list of components you need to delete/comment out this option. Labels should always be shown as a complete list.

0 votes
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi Nic,

thanks for the answer.

But I do not know which .vm-file I have to alter to extend the selected list for

• components
  • labels

Please let me know the filenames and the action I have to do.

Thanks a lot.

Norbert

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

Could you explain the problem a bit more? The best answer I can give depends on whether it's a "human wants to see the whole lot" or "I'm coding a plugin/script and need the list" or "I'm doing something in javascript"

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

The problem is, the human wants to see the whole lot in a select list.

Do you have any suggestions how to achieve this.

Thanks for a further answer.

Norbert

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2014

Ok, that's nice and clear. The lists are limited simply to avoid cognitive overload, but if your humans need a really long list, you have the option of editing the code that is limiting the list. The data is all there, you should just need to tweak the .vm file that is only showing you the top part of it.

Suggest an answer