Show value of user properties in default view of an reported issue

Deleted user January 5, 2015

Hello,

is there a way show a custom field and his value from a user (reporter) in the default view of an issue?

My goal is to show the phone number in the default view of an issues which was reported by a user. I know that the field e.g. "phone" is an extra user property which needs to be manually added to each user (we hope to find a way to import all our external users via csv or similar to our JIRA with their phone-numbers).

Maybe someone can help me. Thanks!

Tom

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

There's a "user property" field in the JIRA toolkit that can expose these properties.

Deleted user January 5, 2015

Hi Nic, I can not find the "user property" field in the JIRA toolkit ... can you go into more details? Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015
0 votes
Deleted user January 9, 2015

Hi Jobin,

I created a scripted field and it´s visible in my issues.

Can you give me a hint how to show the phone number in this field which is a created user property with a self named key and his value?

I don´t find a documentation what can be used in this fields.

Thanks!

John July 29, 2015

Hey there, did you manage to get anywhere with this issue - I need to do a similar thing to you and I'm struggling to find resources :(

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

You will have to write a calculated custom field or scripted field using one of the plugins like script runner and dynamically populate the phone number based on the reporter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events