Show user avatar using relative path

sandro gehrig February 6, 2013

Hi there

It seems the avatars are displayed using absolute paths, created using the baseURL.

Now, some of us access JIRA through a proxy. Here the configured baseURL cannot be resolved and the user avatars / pictures aren't displayed.

Now for the questions:

1. Is there a way (an addon maybe) to recreate those links using relative paths?
  2. Can I somehow auto-hide the baseURL message that tells me that I access JIRA over the "wrong" URL, so the users don't have to click that away every time?

Thanks

sandro

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sandro gehrig February 13, 2013

The activity stream creates its links using the baseURL.
This is a known issue, vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27836

Thanks to Florin for the help.

0 votes

Thanks Florin

All activity stream links are created using the baseurl. I did a quick test on our backup instance, changed the baseurl to something.abc and every activity stream immediatly created its links using somehting.abc

Since it's "only" the activity stream we can live with that, but wouldn't it be possible to create those links in the same manner all the others are?

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

That would be entirely up to the developer of the gadget and I believe Atlassian is well aware of this issue. You can vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27836

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Yes, the activity stream is indeed "special". Note that all the links in there should have the baseURL (including issue links), so you probably can't use those either. I don't think you can fix this in JIRA though, but I might be wrong. You'll probably need to fiddle with the proxy setting. This might help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache

0 votes

I've also seen that most avatars (also project avatars) are shown properly.
I think only activity streams are affected. In there, all links point to the internal domain (also issue, profile and "see more" links). Maybe the indexing creates those urls there?

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

What version of Jira are you using? I have a 5.2.2 here at hand and it looks like it uses relative URLs for avatars.

0 votes
sandro gehrig February 12, 2013

No ideas here?

Suggest an answer