Show transition on the customer portal option not visible on workflow configuration

Rashmi Belur September 20, 2017

Hi 

I am using JIRA 7.3.3 with Servicedesk 3.4.0 and I would like to make some of the transitions visible to customers. I saw some customization documents https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver034/configuring-the-customer-portal-875313755.html

however my version is not showing the option " Show transition on the customer portal" in the workflow.

How to enable this option?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

It's only visible when the workflow is attached to an active project of type Service Desk.

My project is Service Desk project and I am updating the active workflow from the Projects settings page. I see the Approval configuration on the workflow transitions but not the customer portal configuration. 

I see the transitions which are linked to the waiting for support, but I would like to enable the transitions after first transition in the portal.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

I apologize but this isn't clear to me. Could you perhaps mark up a screenshot of the workflow editor to better let me know the intentions?

Here is the screenshot. Hope this helps.2017-09-20_21-54-11.png

Glenn Morrow September 22, 2017

In that screenshot you have the *Status* highlighted/ selected. You need to click on/select a *transition* instead - then you should see "Show transition on customer portal". No?

5 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2018

Just FYI - the checkbox mentioned above (Show transition in the customer portal) is only available when you're editing the workflow in Diagram mode.

If, for some reason, you cannot select the transition in this mode (due to other transitions overlapping it), the solution is simple:

1. Switch to Text mode
  2. Find the transition
  3. Click on View Properties
  4. Add this property:

servicedesk.customer.transition.active set value to true

mete June 10, 2019

Thanks you ;)

Ronald Vallenduuk June 23, 2020

Alternatively, since you're in edit mode anyway, move the overlapping transition to one of the other connection points.

It's a bad idea to have overlapping transistions because it makes the workflow harder to read.

Suggest an answer