Show team managed board on company managed board

Nita Sexton December 15, 2022

I have a request to develop a company-managed board to show issues from 4 boards (some company-managed and some team-managed). What is the best way to tackle this? I have seen some of the posts where folks use a custom filter but I wasn't sure if it would pull in both types of boards into the new project. Any help is appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Nita Sexton - Yes you can bring in issues from the Team Managed project.  Note - You'll just want to keep a closer eye on the statuses.  TMP statuses have unique IDs compared to the company managed statuses so when you're setting up your board columns, you will probably see at least double and need to make sure that they get mapped accordingly. 

For example.  Say your CMPs and TMPs each have "In Progress".  Each TMP will be a unique version of "In Progress".  So, if you have 2 CMPs and 2 TMPs, you'll see 3 different "In Progress" statuses that you need to map to the desired column.

This will also be the case with any cross-functional dashboards you need to create.  

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Nita Sexton 

Yes, and...to Mark's answer:

I recommend treating this cross-project board as view-only and only make updates to issues from the original boards.  That will reduce confusion and possible errors due to the type differences, such as status and custom fields, that Mark noted.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Nita Sexton likes this
0 votes
Nita Sexton December 19, 2022

Thank you all!!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL