Show subtask custom field values depending on parent task custom field selected value

Abdulrahman Alhadhrami March 15, 2018

Hi,

I have a project with issue types Task and Subtask. I have a custom field (Single Select) used in the Task screens, and another custom field (Single Select) in the Subtask screens. I want the Subtask custom field select values to change depending on what was chosen in its parent Task custom field value.

Example: In the Parent Task, I have a custom field (Single Select) with values {1, 2, 3, etc.}. If 'a' is chosen, my Subtask's custom field (Single Select) should show {a, b, c}. If 'b' is chosen, my Subtask's custom field (Single Select) should show {d, e, f, g, h, i}. If '3' is chosen, my Subtask's custom field (Single Select) should show {foo, bar, baz}, etc.

I would like to achieve this in the easiest way possible, because I am new to Jira and all of the customization coding is overwhelming. I'd appreciate a clear step-by-step solution.

I tried to search for this in the community, but it seems that I cannot find an answer to my exact problem. Some (like this one) are talking about cascading custom fields within-same-issue. Mine is about task/subtask. 

Thanks,

0 answers

Suggest an answer