Show stories of an epic in the search results

Abhishek Dhaduvai November 23, 2020

I have labels on the Epics in my project. Is it possible to search to get all the stories in each of those epics? Right now, the search just returns the epics with the labels, not the stories.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Unfortunately no, you have to go for a third party plugins. like ScriptRunner,  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

Here is the example of  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports, I have this plugin so i can give this example. Please let me know if its helpful.

issue in allIssuesInEpic("labels="your epic label")

Reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-AllIssuesInEpic(jql-queryorissuekey)

0 votes
Douglas.Swartz November 23, 2020

Abhishek.

It is likely you won't be able to get what you want in a single query without additional Jira add-ons. 

It appears you have gotten the list of epics you want. 

A second query using the issue IDs from that query will get you the stories: "Epic Link" in (IS-14, IS-13)

If you'll tell us whether you are on Jira Cloud or Server, additional answers can be more targeted.

Abhishek Dhaduvai November 25, 2020

I'm on the Jira cloud. Looks like we have the JQL Subqueries extension and that worked for our team.

thanks!

Suggest an answer