Show stopping issue! - Tempo integration to a Service Desk ticket

Tim Patrick December 14, 2017

Scenario:

We have Service Desk installed into Jira with over 100 customers. We have Tepo installed for timesheets, but want Tempo to also work with budgets/costs.

We have 8 issue types, of which 2 are chargeable, 2 use budget hours, and 6 are non-chargeable.

Due to this, each client has 3 tempo accounts. One for chargeable work that has a pricing table, one with a zero pricing table that we will use the budget hours with, and one that just has a zero pricing table.

Requirement:

When a ticket is raised, or a tickets issue type is changed, we want the tempo account to be automatically populated into the ticket.

Examples:

Client A raises a ticket of issue type X. As issue type X is chargeable, and the client is A, the Tempo account "Client A (Chargeable)" will be populated into the ticket automatically.

Client B raises a ticket of issue type Y. As issue type Y is non-chargeable, and the client is B, the Tempo account "Client B (Non-Chargeable)" will be populated into the ticket automatically.

This is now a show stopper for us, so any urgent help would be appreciated.

We have the hosted version of Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Patrick December 14, 2017

So I've figured out that each Tempo account has a value.

I have been able to set up the ticket that any time a ticket is raised, it will write value "240" to the field "Account" which then populates it as expected. 

The only additional piece i have on this now is that i need to set a post function up to set the "Account" value to be a specific number (which i will have) depending on what the issue type is, and what the client is.

Basically: If Client = A and Issue Type = Incident, set Account to 240 or if Client = B and Issue Type Bug, set Account to 175.

Any idea how i can get this in as a post function?

We have a lot of clients, so i would be surprised if i have to add 800+ lines into this, but as long as i understand how, i can then do this.

Any help much appreciated.

Suggest an answer