Show project field above each project issue

Dennis Poort October 15, 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to show a global project field above each issue inside that project?

For example, when setting up a project I use the "URL" field to point to the website domain. I would like to show this above each issue (clickable direct link if possible). Also Project Lead could be useful information above each issue, for quick information access.

Instead now we add a custom field "URL" in each issue for quick access, which seems like excessive administration.

Or is this simply wrong use of the project field?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Dennis

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Poort October 19, 2015

Thanks a lot to @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]! A few fixes on that example gave me the desired result.

For future reference to others who read this, I used the Script Runner plugin, creaded a Scripted Field with the inline script like this, providing me with the project url as clickable link to new window:

def projectURL = issue.getProjectObject().getUrl();
return "<a href='" + projectURL + "' target='_blank'>" + projectURL + "</a>"
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

It's adding stuff to a screen that a lot of people would already consider too busy, but that's a minor thing.

If you have one of the scripting add-ons (I use script runner because I've used it for years, not just because I work for Adaptavist now), then you could add a custom scripted field that could read the project url and place it on the issue view screen for every issue.

But that would only appear in the "custom field" area of the issue view, not above the issue.  To do that, you'd probably need to amend the headers of the view screen, which is a bit of a hack and generally not recommended.

Dennis Poort October 18, 2015

Thanks for your quick answer Nic.

(wanted to reply sooner, but I ran into answer/commenting limit).

The plugin does seem to be able to do what I want, as far as I can see.
It does require custom scripting in a language unfamiliar to me, which is not easy to just step into, so it seems.

I think buying this addon would be helpful for many other things anyway, so I think I'll do that regardless of this challenge.

Any tips about the inline script to get the result I'm looking for?

Thanks, Dennis

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31668128/answers/31668240

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2015

If it's script-runner, then I'd create a "scripted field", with the main work of the script being something like return $issue.getProjectOnject().getUrl()

Suggest an answer