Show parent issue in hierarchy is not seen

Anuradha Yadav September 6, 2022

Hi Atlassian Team,

Show parent issue in hierarchy is not working in our server instance. Could you please help where can I find that?

Basically  we are trying  to achieve below:

UC1: If the feature has Parent Epic, and Epic is linked to Strategic theme, then Epic's Strategic Theme Value is displayed on Feature's Strategic Theme field as read only.

UC2: If Strategic Theme Value on Epic changes, Strategic Theme on Feature should be also updated.

UC3: at any time one should be able to query on Feature's Strategic Theme field.

Regards,

Anuradha

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

@Anuradha Yadav, You'll have to create a custom listener. The ones in the screenshot are the default ones. While I don't have a script handy, I'll see if I script one in the coming days and share it with you.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Anuradha Yadav,

Based on your UC1, if you have a plugin like Scriptrunner installed in your Server instance, you can create a Listener to update the Feature's Strategic Theme field value for any updates made to the Epic's Strategic Theme Value using an "issue updated" event. This must be possible with other plugins supporting a similar functionality.

Once the above is implemented, the Feature's Strategic Theme field value will always be up to date for every change made to Epic's Strategic Theme Value and in turn, you will be able to query based on Feature's Strategic Theme field value always.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Hi @Bharathi

Could you please elaborate? how I can create listener? As I am very new to this Scriptrunner usage.

Or example will help, Please.

Regards,

Anuradha

Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2022

You can navigate to Administration --> Manage apps --> Listeners under Scriptrunner --> Create listener --> Add in a listener for "fields" using a groovy script that runs for all "issue updated" event of the  Epic's Strategic Theme field. You can refer to the documentation here: Listeners (adaptavist.com).

Thanks Bharathi, I am checking on that right way! I would also appreciate if you have any groovy code examples for my use case. ie to update "strategic theme" field in Feature when in Epic it is updated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bharathi,

I do not see any such listener matching my use case, could you please help?

image.png

@Antoine Berry I saw that you have suggested some answer on the below-

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Scriptrunner-Listener-to-update-custom-field-value-based-on/qaq-p/1231 

I see that its kind of similar but Scriptrunner Listener to update custom field value in Feature based another custom field value in Epic in Epic level project ? 

Could you please suggest a code for the same?

Anuradha Yadav September 7, 2022

Hi @Jeff Tomband ,

could you please help me with the code like you did in below-

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Scriptrunner-copy-custom-field-date-value-to-another-custom/qaq-p/1371815  

its kind of similar. I would really appreciate because this is something critical in my project.

Regards,

Anuradha

Anuradha Yadav September 7, 2022

I am a total newbie to Script runner and writing script and had no luck till now on this, Would really appreciate some help with script . Thank you!

Suggest an answer