Show only priorities for a specific customer?

Simon Bauer June 25, 2015

Hi everyone,

we've created different priorities for our different customers. They have a name scheme to keep them separated, for example:

CA - priority 1

CA - priority 2

CB - priority 1

CB - priority 2

And so on. The problem here is: With every customer who needs his own, special priorities it gets more and more confusing due the many priorities in the list. Every time I create an issue, all the priorities for all the customers get displayed.

So the perfect procedure would be: I create an issue, select the customer and if i click in 'priority', ONLY the priorities which fit to this specific customer are displayed.

Is there a way to achieve this? And if yes, how?

Thanks in advance, Simon.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

Priority is a global field with a single list (there's a very old request for project schemes, but it's still open with no sign of Atlassian ever dealing with it properly), so you're pretty much stuck.

Your options are 

• Botch it with javascript (don't, it's hard, flaky and a pain to get right, let alone maintain.  I only mention it because someone else probably will and they often neglect the advice not to do it)
  • Try to do it with plugins such as the script-runner's "behaviours" functionality
  • Use a custom field instead of priority

On the third point, there's several approaches to doing it, but we have to start with the question - are your customers separated into projects?  e.g customer CA only uses projects CAX and CAB, and customer CB only has access to CBBC?

Suggest an answer