Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Show list of active subtasks on Dashboard

Is it possible to display a list of subtasks with the status “In Progress” on a Dashboard?

The list must span over multiple projects so we can see who is working on what in all the teams. We would like to display the Name of the task, the Assignee, Estimated time and Time spend.

Is that possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes.  Run an advanced search for

issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes() and status = "in progress"

(please rely on the autocomplete while you type that query, I've only had one coffee and working from my shoddy memory is not a great idea before three!)

Save this filter and give it a good name.

Go to the dashboard and add some gadgets that report on what you want. 

The obvious one is "filter statistics", as you'll be able to tell it to show any field you want.  It does have a limited range of issues though (trying to display more than the upper limit will make the dashboard far too slow to be usable).  You might want to consider other limits such as adding "and assignee = currentUser()" to make it shorter and more relevant to the user.

Some good overviews can be added with other gadgets.  A filter statistics gadget looking at project or assignee for example, or even a 2-dimensional one showing both of those.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the help - I owe you a coffee :-)

The query worked like a charm. I used a “Filter Results” gadget to display the result as a list, and it gives me the overview I was looking for, but for some reason I can’t display the title of the subtask, when its displayed by the “Filter Results” gadget. I can only get the summary of the issue displayed. Any ideas on how to display the title of the subtask?

What do you mean by "title"?

Sorry, I think it's me that needs some coffee now.

The "Summary" field displays it's perfectly, with the issue key and the name of the subtaks.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Nic,

My issue is very similar to Peer. 

Only this is I want to have the statuses of all my subtasks under the user story in my dashboard.

Currently I am getting the status for only main user story.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you