Show/hide custom field based on another custom field value selection (JIRA Cloud)

Mridula Chintalacheruvu January 26, 2017

Hello, 

I've been trying to use JIRA Service Desk's inbuilt workflow validator to achieve this but I've been unsuccessful. I have a requirement like this: 

I have four custom fields: 

Customfield1 = (yes or no) selection field

Customfield2 = numeric field 

Customfield3 = dropdown menu

Customfield4 = dropdown menu

If Customfield1 = yes,

then show Customfield2, customfield3 and customfield4 as required fields.

Customfield1 is a required field as well. 

This should appear on the screens while creating or editing an issue. I use JIRA Cloud. 

I looked at similar questions asked but all the ones I found were solutions for the server version. 

Appreciate any sort of help on this. Thanks in advance! 

-Mridula

1 answer

2 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Hi Mridula,

Unfortunately in JIRA Cloud Atlassian don't provide any way to integrate with or change the user interface dynamically, so making some fields dependant on other fields isn't possible.

Jon

Mridula Chintalacheruvu January 27, 2017

Thanks for your reply, Jon. If this can't be done within JIRA, do you know of any plug-ins or workarounds to even partially fulfill these requirements? Appreciate your help. smile 

Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2017

That's the problem, there isn't a way to write a plugin-in to achieve this...

Keith Shaw December 4, 2018

Is this still the case ? 

Has anyone created a solution that works in both Self Hosted and Cloud ?

James Wicks January 10, 2020

Hi Keith,

For self hosted Jira or Jira Service Desk, this can be done using scriptrunner behaviours.

We are still trying to find a solution for cloud.

Like Hibiki Kamioka likes this

Suggest an answer