Show all open issues by project on the dashboard

secretsourcespain September 2, 2015

Hi I would like to see all open issues (i.e. everything NOT closed) ordered by project on the dashboard so I can quickly scan all open issues. Is there any way to create a gadget for this?

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2015

Can't be done - the gadgets are restricted to 50 issue displays, and even the navigator tops out at 1,000 to prevent performance issues.  A glance at one system I have access to shows tens of thousands of open issues, so there's no chance of such a gadget ever rendering.

Presenting the users with a potential mass of issues is pretty much useless as well as non-performant.  What you should do is use summaries:

• Define a filter for "all open issues"
  • Add a filter statistics gadget
  • Use your filter in the gadget
  • Group the results by project

Also consider using a 2d filter gadget with project + <other field>

0 votes
secretsourcespain September 3, 2015

These look great and I have set them up. What I am really looking for is the same as FogBugz - http://grab.by/K8Ku where you see the project name and the issues below. Basically we will usually have 10-20 projects with 5-10 issues each and as admin it is very useful to scan the list . Is this possible?

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2015

If you really want to display so many results and expect them to be less than 1000 open issues at a time, you can search for issues with the following JQL:

statusCategory != Done ORDER BY project

You can save this JQL by saving it as a favorite filter.

Otherwise, Nic's proposed solution will fit your needs.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

You can create a filter for all open issues and use a pie chart gadget with project as the statistic type.

You can also use a 'Two Dimensional Statistics' gadget if you want to see it based on project and the different statuses.

Suggest an answer