Show all open issues by project on the dashboard

Hi I would like to see all open issues (i.e. everything NOT closed) ordered by project on the dashboard so I can quickly scan all open issues. Is there any way to create a gadget for this?

4 answers

1 vote

Can't be done - the gadgets are restricted to 50 issue displays, and even the navigator tops out at 1,000 to prevent performance issues.  A glance at one system I have access to shows tens of thousands of open issues, so there's no chance of such a gadget ever rendering.

Presenting the users with a potential mass of issues is pretty much useless as well as non-performant.  What you should do is use summaries:

• Define a filter for "all open issues"
  • Add a filter statistics gadget
  • Use your filter in the gadget
  • Group the results by project

Also consider using a 2d filter gadget with project + <other field>

0 vote

You can create a filter for all open issues and use a pie chart gadget with project as the statistic type.

You can also use a 'Two Dimensional Statistics' gadget if you want to see it based on project and the different statuses.

0 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Sep 03, 2015

If you really want to display so many results and expect them to be less than 1000 open issues at a time, you can search for issues with the following JQL:

statusCategory != Done ORDER BY project

You can save this JQL by saving it as a favorite filter.

Otherwise, Nic's proposed solution will fit your needs.

These look great and I have set them up. What I am really looking for is the same as FogBugz - http://grab.by/K8Ku where you see the project name and the issues below. Basically we will usually have 10-20 projects with 5-10 issues each and as admin it is very useful to scan the list . Is this possible?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,276 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot