It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Show a custom screen when a field is edited?

We want to track the reason for the changes being made to the value in Fix Version field on an issue. I am currently working on building a listener using script runner to work in the following scenarios:

1) View Issue- When the user changes the value for Fix Version show a screen with a required custom text box field called Reason.

2) Edit Issue - When the value of field is updated and the user saves the record show an additional screen with a required custom text box field called Reason.

3 answers

Thanks for the response Kyle. I have listeners that get triggered on IssueUpdate event.

The issue where i am stuck is, how do i see a custom dialog box with a comment box. We want to capture the reason why the fix version was changed.

I don't know of a way to do that via a listener. Sorry!

Krishnanand,

Have you found a solution for this?  We also are looking for the same functionality you describe, and so far it doesn't look possible.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

314 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you