Show a custom screen when a field is edited?

Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2018

We want to track the reason for the changes being made to the value in Fix Version field on an issue. I am currently working on building a listener using script runner to work in the following scenarios:

1) View Issue- When the user changes the value for Fix Version show a screen with a required custom text box field called Reason.

2) Edit Issue - When the value of field is updated and the user saves the record show an additional screen with a required custom text box field called Reason.

3 answers

0 votes
Steve Kamens October 3, 2019

Krishnanand,

Have you found a solution for this?  We also are looking for the same functionality you describe, and so far it doesn't look possible.

Thank you.

0 votes
Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

@A any help here?

0 votes
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2018
Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2018

Thanks for the response Kyle. I have listeners that get triggered on IssueUpdate event.

The issue where i am stuck is, how do i see a custom dialog box with a comment box. We want to capture the reason why the fix version was changed.

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

I don't know of a way to do that via a listener. Sorry!

Suggest an answer