Show SubTask/Parent in Filter Results

Ryan C Meinzer October 9, 2012

This image is from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Adding+the+Filter+Results+Gadget

How do you get sub-tasks to show up like that, in the summary field? Mine still show the "DEMO-3/Teach dove to fly" format.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2012

You shouldn't have to do anything special to get that display - simply showing the "summary" field should do it (does here - Jira 4.0 and 5.1)

We are using 5.0, and 5.1 and neither do it. They still show the old format. We have sub tasks, but it doesnt show it like that. Very strange.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2012

Actually, I'm terribly sorry, I've misled you completely. My fault, I'm in the middle of upgrading a plugin that displays subtasks and I was looking at that and not the actual filter results gadget.

The picture you've posted IS the old 4.x display. Version 5.1 (And I'd assume 5.0) has been changed, so that summary says "parent / summary of subtask", all on one line, instead of the two-line with a little red dotted line icon.

I'd say the documentation is out of date and needs updating.

And, I'd like to see the old subtask display back, I preferred it too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2012

Yup, sorry. Too close to upgrades and coding. We all make mistakes sometimes ;-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2012

Plus, I can't find a way to swap it back in the UI config.

I may have to resort to hacking... urk.

Heh. Asnwer the question: +1. Engender confidence: -3.

I appreciate the help. I too prefer the old way of doing it.

Suggest an answer