Show SubTask/Parent in Filter Results

This image is from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Adding+the+Filter+Results+Gadget

How do you get sub-tasks to show up like that, in the summary field? Mine still show the "DEMO-3/Teach dove to fly" format.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

You shouldn't have to do anything special to get that display - simply showing the "summary" field should do it (does here - Jira 4.0 and 5.1)

We are using 5.0, and 5.1 and neither do it. They still show the old format. We have sub tasks, but it doesnt show it like that. Very strange.

Actually, I'm terribly sorry, I've misled you completely. My fault, I'm in the middle of upgrading a plugin that displays subtasks and I was looking at that and not the actual filter results gadget.

The picture you've posted IS the old 4.x display. Version 5.1 (And I'd assume 5.0) has been changed, so that summary says "parent / summary of subtask", all on one line, instead of the two-line with a little red dotted line icon.

I'd say the documentation is out of date and needs updating.

And, I'd like to see the old subtask display back, I preferred it too.

Yup, sorry. Too close to upgrades and coding. We all make mistakes sometimes ;-)

Plus, I can't find a way to swap it back in the UI config.

I may have to resort to hacking... urk.

Heh. Asnwer the question: +1. Engender confidence: -3.

I appreciate the help. I too prefer the old way of doing it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,232 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot