Show Parent Field only in Cascading List on 2 Dimensional Widget on Dashboard

Christian October 2, 2018

Hello,

We are using a cascading list with multiple children and want to display all the issues tagged only in the parent value on a 2 Dimensional Widget on a Dashboard.

I have scoured for several days the forums to see if this has been answered, but it seems this has not been clearly responded to.

The cascading list would be as follows:

• Parent Field:
    • Candy
  • Child Field: 
    • Gum
    • Sweet
    • Sour
    • Hard
    • Soft
    • Spicy
    • etc

On the 2 dimensional widget we currently see:

Candy, None1
Candy, Sweet3
Candy, Sour5
Candy, Hard1
Total10

What we would want to see would be:

Candy10

As there are multiple Parent values in our cascading list it is becoming extremely difficult to report the status of the Parent value accurately in emails (with a link to Jira that shows all parent and children in cascade).

I read that there might be a groovy script that can achieve this, but not sure if it exists for 2 Dimensional widgets on a Dashboard and for reporting.

If this has already been answered else where if someone can provide a clear link and how to do it, would be immensely appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian September 11, 2019

Ended up finding a solution by creating a hidden Custom Field that was being called in Dashboards and folding all issues into the field with a groovy script on create a new bug/task:

New custom field = "Reporting Parent"

(issue.getRawValue("Parent Field") == null) ? null : issue.getRawValue("Parent Field").get(null)

In the "Reporting Parent" field i manually copied all of the "Parent Fields" to mimic verbatim what is shown. So would look like this:

• Parent Field:
    • Candy
  • Reporting Parent
    • Candy

Suggest an answer