Show - Hide workflow transition based on Issue type.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2013

Hello All,

Is it possible to -

Show - Hide workflow transition based on Issue type.

Use case - there are 5 issueTypes in a project that share the same workflow. Now a new request comes in to add a new transition for only one of the issueTypes. Currently only way seems to copy and tweak the workflow for that issueType and update the Workflow Scheme of the project?

is there an better and quicker alternative?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

I highly suggest downloading JIRA Suite Utilities! It's free, and will allow you to do exactly what you want. I know since I have many examples of this requirement in my workflows.

After you install it (takes very little time, and no restart of JIRA required), do the following:

Go to your transition, and add a new condition. Select "Value Field".

Once in that screen, enter the following:

Field: 'Issue Type'
Condition: '='
Value: Exact name of your issue type
Comparison Type: 'String'

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2013

HI Amy, it's not working, I have the exact name of the issue type, still it's not workin'

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Yes, you can put conditions on your workflow. ScripRunner (free), mine: JJupin (commercial), there are a lot others that can do that.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2013

so is it possible to put a condition for a particular workflow transition to be visible only for a specific issue type?

Jose Luis Casarrubias July 27, 2020

Yes, it is possible

You need to install JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows plugin

add a condition to your workflow transition and select Value Field (JSU) 

Then configure the condition as you need.

Field : Issue Type

Condition : =

Value : Issue type name

Comparison Type: String

0 votes
Denise_Wuethrich_beecom_products July 28, 2020

Hi, @Tarun Sapra  Kindly issue a ticket on JSU's new Service Desk link here: https://beecom-products.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Thank you!

Suggest an answer