Should the "Source" tab always appear for JIRA issues when JIRA and Stash are linked?

Vik Solem October 2, 2013

We have JIRA and Stash running, and we have linked them to each other. For some projects (It appears to be all issues within a project) when I look at an issue I see the "Source" tab in the "Activity" section. For others I do not. Is there a configuration step that I have missed? Perhaps I am misunderstanding the Stash and JIRA integration?

-Vik

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

It depends on project permissions. You will need 'View Version Control' permission in the project if you want to see the tab.

Vik Solem October 2, 2013

Thanks very much. That appears to be the problem. Some Roles have it on some projects, and others do not.

Precisely the information I needed.

Thanks again!

-Vik

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

yes it might be View Source Tab project permission

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2013

you change the permissions to Roles/Users/Groups here.

Suggest an answer