Should "user accounts" created by add-ons be charged a seat/agent on server licenses?

We have a Cloud JIRA and a server JIRA. On our Cloud JIRA, user accounts created by add-ons do not count towards our license. For example, JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions is listed as a user on our Cloud JSD, but in the total count of Agents, it's not included and we are not billed for it. 

But on our JIRA server, each "add-on user account" in the user list is counted in the total Agents and we must buy them licenses.

We have to go up a tier on our server license because I added some add-ons last night. I had to remove some of them this morning when I found out. 

Now our choices are to not use any more add-ons, or pay a few thousand dollars. 

I don't have technical knowledge of Crowd. Is it possible the add-on user accounts on our server instance are not being recognized correctly? Or do add-ons really require user licenses? 

Thanks,

Val 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

All users, add-on or not, will currently be charged on Server instances. It is the choice of the add-on to decide whether or not they need a user in in a Server world.

In an Atlassian Cloud world, all add-on users are not counted towards the license because these add-on users are required.

You should raise an issue against JIRA in jira.atlassian.com to track this further.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you