Should jira.search.cache.max.size be increased?

roy_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

I was wondering if this value should be increased from 20.  I am guessing that this is just the default value - and might not be a good one-size-fits-all value.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

Why are you asking? Are you you experiencing issues? I would probably suggest dropping in an issue to support and checking with them.

My guess is that the increasing it might cause more memory usage. Since the value is "low" (ie. not 1000) already - it's probably per active search so a small bump might increase the memory usage dramatically depending on your usage pattern.

That said, I can't seem to find this being used anywhere though...

0 votes
Akash Sawhney June 24, 2016

Have you had any feedback on this? I was wondering if increasing this would speed up my filters if many people do the same query.

Suggest an answer