Should CREATE Issue default to project board open on current tab?

Vincent Kurutza June 25, 2015

When we use CREATE should the project default not be assumed from the board open on the current tab?   We are unclear where the project default comes from.

3 answers

3 votes
Jérôme Godbout July 31, 2019

This is such a painful behavior, I miss Redmine just for this. Why when I'm inside a project and click add, it doesn't default to the current project open. On top of it I need admin right to move the issue between project, so I have to ask someone to move it. 

I can understand when there is a view with multiple project, but when it's not the case, default to the current project can even check the url to ease:

https://mycie.atlassian.net/projects/MyProjectId/issues

if I click + to add an issue, it does use the last one used I guess. I do work on many projects all week long and this is so painful, please give us an option to remove this idiotic behavior please.

0 votes
Daniel Tomberlin February 15, 2018

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to be able to change the default project on the Create Issue form. Can this be done?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

No, it uses the last project the user used.

Daniel Tomberlin February 15, 2018

Thanks... For any Atlassian reading that would ask why I need such a feature request:

We have a project that is the primary or front line project if you will. Our staff submits issues here, which is then fielded by our Knowledge Management (KM) department. Then KM either resolves the ticket or moves it into a new project if it's a feature request. When we communicate to the users via the new project they respond. After that point if they Create a new issue the Project field's value changes to the new project. A lot of times they forget to reset the Project back to the front line project even though we've trained them. So that's why it would be nice to have that be default.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

It can't, a board can contain many projects.

The project default is the last project the user was active in (although I'm not 100% sure of the actual calculation of "active" beyond "the last project they created or edited an issue in" - it's not always that, so I know I'm missing some of the rules)

Jérôme Godbout August 31, 2019

The problems is not with dashboard, but when your are looking at issue inside a project it don’t create into the current project. Seriously, it can be done, just parse the current url. The dashboard I can understand, use the last used or the most popular is good, but when I’m inside a project stick to it, this so counter intuitive.

Like chris_halcrow likes this

Suggest an answer