Should CREATE Issue default to project board open on current tab?

When we use CREATE should the project default not be assumed from the board open on the current tab?   We are unclear where the project default comes from.

2 answers

0 vote

It can't, a board can contain many projects.

The project default is the last project the user was active in (although I'm not 100% sure of the actual calculation of "active" beyond "the last project they created or edited an issue in" - it's not always that, so I know I'm missing some of the rules)

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to be able to change the default project on the Create Issue form. Can this be done?

No, it uses the last project the user used.

Thanks... For any Atlassian reading that would ask why I need such a feature request:

We have a project that is the primary or front line project if you will. Our staff submits issues here, which is then fielded by our Knowledge Management (KM) department. Then KM either resolves the ticket or moves it into a new project if it's a feature request. When we communicate to the users via the new project they respond. After that point if they Create a new issue the Project field's value changes to the new project. A lot of times they forget to reset the Project back to the front line project even though we've trained them. So that's why it would be nice to have that be default.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

588 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you