Shortlink in JIRA

SG July 24, 2013

I created web links in my JIRA issues to another ticket system. When the external ticket system relocates my links become invalid.

Is it possible to specifiy a short link one time that I can insert in the URL field of the web link? So if the external ticket system relocates all I have to do is editing the short link configuration and all web links remain valid.

Or are there any other possibilities to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

You will have to write a new custom field which will pick up the short link and use it in the external ticket url. Some development effort involved.

SG July 24, 2013

But I have to fill this field for each issue?!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013

If you are writing a plugin, you can have it configured elsewhere and code the custom field to pick it from there. Configuration can be stored in JIRA itself (using active objects or propertySet) or maybe in a property file in the file system depending on what works best for you.

Suggest an answer