Shifting certain bugs and requirements to next release

Ahmed Muneer December 24, 2016

I am working in a mobile application project. Many requirements were planned for each release. Each requirement was tracked by issues created in JIRA. Due to project release date constraints, certain bugs and requirements were shifted to next release. A new project was created for next release.

With this scenario, how can I ensure that all the yet to be requirements are implemented whereas bugs from older project are tracked in new project?

Is this achieved by Link Issue? Or should I choose Clone Issue or Clone and Move issue?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2016

What are you currently using versions for in JIRA? These are intended to be used as releases and may help you organise issues from multiple releases in the same project. At first glance, that seems a much easier way to manage releases than moving issues to separate projects for each release.

Ahmed Muneer December 26, 2016

Its JIRA v6.3.1. I have given the below options for this problem

1. Link Issues
  2. Clone Issues
  3. Clone and Move issues

From the above choices, which is the best way to address the problem?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2016

If what you want to do, is move your bugs from the older project to another project, just move them to the new project. Linking, nor cloning will help you to clear them from you ongoing project.

Linking them just keeps them where they are and you should link them to other issues. I don't see from your scenario how that contributes to your scenario and you should have existing issues somewhere to link them to.

Cloning them would essentially duplicate them. Again, I don't see the added value of that.

Suggest an answer