Sharing / reusing list values for custom field

Jan Bernhardt Jan Bernhardt December 3, 2019

I want to use Jira to assist me in keeping track of my renting issues.

So when a tenant reports an issue I'd like to open an incident and want to keep track of who reported the issue.

I can not use the reporter field since it only will offer users registered in Jira. So I'd like to maintain a list of the tenants in a custom field and select the reporter from that list.

No problem so far. But now I want to keep track of the progress of cancelations of the leases. I need an attribute containing the tenant that cancelled the lease. I don't want to use the same name for the field as in the incident context.

So how can reuse the same list in different contexts? Can I have two custom fields in a screen using the same list of values so I don't have to maintain the same list twice? 

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

ScriptRunner has Copy Custom Field Values but it sounds like you'd want to run that on some kind of schedule. I don't think that can be done with Built-In Scripts, so you'd probably have to roll your own, or figure out a way to get whatever script is generated after doing all the setups for that Built-In.

The other thing that came to mind was nFeed, now known as Elements which lets you populate field values from an external source (SQL db, user directory, CSV file, and apparently even JIRA itself).

Suggest an answer