Sharing jira filters

richardcolincooper December 9, 2013

I am a admin user and I have been trying to share my favorite filters.

However, when I try and share these filters, no one else can see them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2013

Check what Alex said first, but there's one thing that trips up a lot of people (the UI design seems to fail a lot of users here, not sure why, when the rest of Confluence seems to work ok)

When you go into "Edit and Share Filter", you'll see

• the filter name
  • the "shared with" area
  • "add shares" <everyone> +Add
  • Save

The thing that seems to confuse a lot of people is that this LOOKS like the filter is shared with everyone, but they don't realise that you actually need to click "add" before the sharing is enabled (and "save" of course)

0 votes
richardcolincooper December 9, 2013

Alex, Sergio and Nic,

Thanks for your help which I looked into all you suggestions.

The issue seemed to be with sharing that Nic suggested to ensure I add before sharing is enabled.

I am now sharing the filters with the rest of my team.

Thanks,

Richard

0 votes
Sergio December 9, 2013

Are you maybe trying to share a dashboard containing filter results? In that case, you have to share both.

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

Supposing you're using jira 5.x ...

AFAIK the only permission related to this is "create shared object", and is granted to you if you are able to share the filters ...

With the other users, can you go to Issues, Manage Filters, Search and perform a search for filters owned by the first user?

Are you sharing to a group or to anyone?

Suggest an answer