Sharing filter with groups

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hey,

I want to share a fitler to another group where I'm not member.
How can I do?

Greetings,

Robin

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hi Robin,

I think you only can share Filters with groups you are a member in. So there is no way to do so if you are not a member.

Kind regards
André

Robin Peters
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014

Ok, I found no possibility to do that.. too bad

Amber Boswell January 15, 2015

I find this a bit silly. As a Scrum Master, management of Jira is basically my responsibility for my team. I would like to set up filters and share with the development group, but I don't want to be in the development group because I don't want to be an assignable user. Does anyone know if there a ticket to fix this in the future?

0 votes
Petra Goldstein November 16, 2014

Is there a workaround to this? I am sure that there are contexts in which this restriction makes sense. 

But in many cases a user needs to share a filter with another group. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Mike

0 votes
Keith O'Shea May 12, 2014

If you select "Issues", "Manage Filters", then edit your filter, you should have the list of groups to add to the shares.

0 votes
Arun Jose May 12, 2014

If you select "Issues", "Manage Filters", then edit your filter, you should have the list of groups to add to the shares.

Suggest an answer