Sharing Filters w/ Al Logged in Users

Amanda Wallace October 2, 2017

If you make a filter in Jira and "share with all logged in users," will it still only show things they have permission to see? Or will they see the same results I see, even if they are not meant to have permissions to that specific task/project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

If you share a filter/dashboard to "all logged in users", that does not change the permissions on the underlying issues. You need to have Browse Issues permission on the issues in the filter to see any content.

And, if different users have different permissions. If I build a filter for priority = high, and I have access to two projects, but you have access to only one, the result will be that I see more issue results than you for the same saved filter.

Amanda Wallace October 3, 2017

Perfect, thank you!

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

Great! If you wouldn't mind hitting the accept answer button (check mark) I'd appreciate it :)

Suggest an answer