Shares board filer with many projects

Marcin Szarek October 30, 2017

Hi Team,

Can you please advise how to share one board filter with many different projects.

Like this attached:

Shares with many projects.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Hello,

Those shares are for the filter which is chosen for the board. Only owner of the filter can add shares to the filter. If you push Edit Filter Query link and choose a filter which you own then you will be able to add shares.

Marcin Szarek October 31, 2017

Thanks Alexey, I did it, it works. Can you also tell me what benefits I have from sharing many projects, because I could not see their issues in the backlog. 

Many thanks,

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

A board is restricted to the users by shares of the filter on which the board is defined. In your case the board can be used by users who have access to mentioned projects.

You can read about restricting access to board here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/how-to-restrict-the-access-to-jira-agile-scrum-board

If you do not want the users of the projects use the board or the filter then do not share the filter with them

Suggest an answer