Shared team field value from 'JIRA Advanced Roadmap' is not inheriting in Sub-task from Story.

Ashish Pandey July 13, 2021

In JIRA Advanced Roadmap, create a shared team.

Use that 'Team' field in Story & Sub-Task screens.

If team is selected in story then same value should reflect in sub-tasks. But, same is not visible in sub-task. However when search the sub-task in issue search then that shows the value.

How to get displayed Team field value in sub-task by default configurations.

Using any automation to pick parent value in sub-task is not required.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Ashish Pandey!

I did a simulation for your scenario using the Team custom field in tasks and sub-tasks in Advanced Roadmaps, and you are right. By searching for those issues in the Issue Navigator, the column Team shows values.

Therefore, I changed the Screen Scheme to add the Team custom field in the View Issue operation of the sub-task issue type and voilá...The team field is displayed in the People section of the issue view of the sub-task.

team.png

Cheers,

Alex

Ashish Pandey July 16, 2021

Thanks Alex.

Have you done this on cloud in new view?

Regards

Ashish

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hey @Ashish Pandey 

Jira Cloud will require the Team field to be added to the screen that Jira uses for the Issue Layout. It was in the default screen in my tests, but on your site can be any other screen.

Once you add the Team field to the screen, you can achieve the same results in Jira Cloud as well:

Untitled 7.png

Please be aware that in the new issue layout, you can define fields in the context section. They will be on the screen even without value. Fields under “hide when empty” appear under a “show more” link when they don’t have a value.

I hope it helps, but if you are still having a hard time getting it working, please share a bit more of your configuration with screenshots.

Cheers,

Alex

Ashish Pandey July 17, 2021

Thanks Alex!

Team field is coming in old view, but not coming in new view.

Seems a bug.

Like Alex likes this

Suggest an answer