Shared notification scheme that notifies project roles across projects

Sharon Connell July 21, 2017

We have a shared notification scheme across +80 projects. When a particular type of issue is created, every user in the project role admin or dev should be alerted to the issue created in their own backlog. Because it is a shared scheme, all users in each role are alerted to each issue of this type created in all backlogs.

Is there a way to solve using a shared notification scheme or do I just need to suck it up and create a notification scheme for each project?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2017

That doesn't sound quite right to me.  I suspect you're using groups instead of roles.  To achieve what you want here, you should have a scheme that says:

Create:  Role (project admin), Role (developer)

Now, let's say we have Alice, Bob and Charlie as developers.  Put Alice and Bob into the role of Developer in project ABC, and Alice and Charlie into the role of Developer in project DEF.

When an ABC issue is created, Alice and Bob will be mailed.  Charlie will not.

When a DEF issue is created, Alice and Charlie will be mailed.  Bob will not.

Sharon Connell July 21, 2017

Thank you again, Nic. I looked at it with fresh eyes and saw there was an event (creation of this type issue) triggering a notification for the role of admin and dev. I removed this and now should be fine. 

Suggest an answer