Shared a filter with a specific user, they are unable to search for it in their filter list

Deleted user November 28, 2012

So I shared a filter with another JIRA user, they received the email with the link and are able to view it through the link. But he would like to search for it under manage filters and to be able to save it as a favorite.

This is part of a larger issue, I would like to add that filter to individual dashboards that I've shared with each user, to display issues assigned to that user and able to sort by due date. I want them to be able to see their own filter results in their own dashboard gadget. I originally set the filter up as current user but that didn't work either. When the user views their own dashboard they receive an error

"There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• Invalid filter"

I hope that's enough info. The other side item is that the Assigned to Me gadget should be configurable like the filter results gadget so you can add fields to it that are sortable.

Thank You!

1 answer

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2012

Greetings!

Just to clarify, the project will need to be intact (not deleted). To your question, the recipient should be able to add the filter as a favorite.

When you go into Issues >> Manage Filters >> Popular , who is the Owner and who is it shared with?

Also perhaps noteworthy:

"Your new filter will be shared according to the sharing preference in your user profile. If you have not specified a personal preference, then the global default for sharing will apply (i.e. 'Private', unless changed by your JIRA Administrator under User Defaults in the Administration menu). If you want to change the sharing of your new filter, refer to the instructions on sharing filters below.
(info) Please note, you need the 'Create Shared Object' global permission to be able to share your filter. If you cannot see the 'Shares' fields, contact your JIRA Administrator to have this permission added to your profile."

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Daniel Pollak October 5, 2018

I have a similar problem with filters. I did not get to the problems bottom but I found that filters with short names without spaces will have a better chance of showing up in filter search or in the dropdown of a dashboard gadget or a confluence macro.

Sometimes it helps to search for the beginning of the filter followed by a % but not always.

BR,
Daniel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events