Shareable Jira status report template

Vikram Raj June 2, 2022

Hi - We have about 30 different jira projects; would it be possible to create a Daily Status report template for 1 project and download/customize it for other projects so that every project can publish reports faster?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Vikram Raj June 3, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ - Thanks for replying.

In our bank - jira is used by multiple teams to track requirements (stories) through testing (tests, bugs) and reports. Based on the jira items in each project, we want to publish daily status reports. However, you know that dashboard reports (and filters) have to be individually setup for each project which could be time consuming when we are considering 30+ programs.

Is there an easier way where 1 dashboard is first setup with 'Dynamic variables' (eg: Project name) that can help in publishing remaining 30 dashboards with little or no other customization.

Thanks,

Vikram

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

Hi @Vikram Raj and welcome to the community!

Can you please elaborate a bit more about the reporting template? Where exactly do you refer to? What kind of projects are these 30 projects? Software, JSM?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

@Vikram Raj out of the box, you can't do that. However you can search the marketplace for an app with dynamic filters. Perhaps something like this app could be of help to you.

Alex

Like Vikram Raj likes this
Vikram Raj June 6, 2022

Thanks once again @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 
I doubt if my organization would buy additional apps - but let me check!

In the meanwhile, if you could think of any other option - kindly post it here... Thx

Suggest an answer