When using the Link->Web Link option in Jira, I'm finding that SharePoint links are invalid when they are in the following format.
This URL format is the default when the link is for a Word or Excel file (I believe the SharePoint link is something to do with SharePoint opening these files in an online view).
Does anyone know a solution for turning off URL validation on Jira Web Links or another solution to this problem?
I've seen this problem in JIRA 6.1 and have solved it by escaping certain characters with a preceding backslash.
It appears that some characters are being interpreted as meta-characters by the JIRA mark-up editor. We probably need someone from Atlassian to comment. I suspect its a problem that isn't restricted to SharePoint URLs but in checking whether I was understanding my problem correctly I found this and thought I'd try and be helpful!
So I had trouble linking to sharepoint list items - when looking at the full list I would try to copy the link address and paste it into my "create" form where I had a "sharepoint link" field.
This produced an "invalid URL"
Solved this with a work-around. I would open that specific item in a new tab and copy the URL in the new tab. Then I could paste it in with no problem.
It was something to do with how the tickets were being displayed (which is written in the URL).
Because I found the above answers a tad confusing, here's how to solve this.
When you create a link you need to use the JIRA external link formatting, and escape the curly brackets with a backslash within this. Just using a backslash in a normal link won't work. For example in the JIRA ticket add:
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot