SharePoint like event receiver functions exist in "On demand JIRA"

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi All,

Now in my office, they switch into "On demand JIRA" form SharePoint 2010.

In SharePoint 2010 have the event receivers to trigger the user code when the following things are happen,

1. Issue Created time

2. Issue Updated Time

3. Issue Deleted Time

How can i deploy a user code to trigger when the above scenorios are happen in "On demand JIRA".

Please guide me to achieve my goal.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

Jira logs issue created and updated on the issues. It also fires "events" out when they happen. Generally, an "issue created" event for creation, but the updates are a lot more granular - you've got comments, edits, move through transition, work logged etc.

Jira does NOT store "delete" though. It DOES fire an event for it, but the point of delete is that the issue is deleted, so there's no where left to actually store deletion date/time.

Anyway, for events you can easily write a "Listener" that can catch any event and run your code.

However, you're using OnDemand Jira, so you can't actually implement these - custom code is not allowed in OnDemand (yet). Some options:

• Migrate to your own Jira, and write the listeners
  • Wait until OnDemand supports plugins (not sure when/if that might happen)
  • Write and run something externally that queries Jira over REST to see if anything needs doing in your other system.
  • Configure the events to send emails to a dedicated user (the events are already used by Jira to generate emails). The dedicated user(s) would actually be mailboxes that you can scan for instructions to run your code (i.e. when a "delete issue" email arrives in this email box, run script called thingy_was_Deleted)

Suggest an answer