Share versions and components across projects in JIRA cloud?

Amy Bobrowitz August 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to enable and edit component/s , affects Version/s and fix version/s field ?

We would like to share versions and components across projects in JIRA cloud. Is this possible? The marketplace tools are not compatible with JIRA Cloud

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Unfortunately I do not know of a packaged method in which to do this in JIRA Cloud. I believe this is represented by these two feature requests – 

I believe these features will be delivered eventually to us but that we won't see those changes for some time. There's a lot to consider when creating scheming, hierarchy, and structure.

If you are extremely interested in this option, it may be worth reaching out to an expert or allowing your own team to work on the feature. JIRA Cloud has an extensive API and orchestrating such a task doesn't seem like an incredible amount of work.

Suggest an answer