Several comment fields

Andreas Kaluza October 15, 2017

Hi,

is there a possiblitity to include an extra comment field into a Feature?

Background: I'd like to separate the "working comments" and the "management comments". For a special reporting extract I'd like to include only the last "managment comment" e.g. into Excel.

Having only one comment field I do not have a clue have to find and select a specific comment within extraction. Using e.g. key words does not seem to be friedly to the user...

Thanks in advanced.

BR,

Andreas

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

No, there's no way to do this out of the box. An issue only has one type of comments.

You could consider using Comment Security levels to accomplish this, but that's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

You could also use a text field to capture additional comments, but it would not be a comment, just a block of editable text - you'd need to trust your users to add to it rather than edit.

Suggest an answer