Setup dashboard to view all tickets for multiple JIRA SD projects.

Jervis Padua February 17, 2016

We are currently looking at JIRA SD for our company but could not find anything on the documentation on how to setup a dashboard that can show specific tickets (i.e. all unassigned or assigned to a specific agent or specific status) for a multi tenanted setup of JIRA SD. For instance our clients are world-wide so for each client we will have a separate JIRA SD project i.e. USA SD/Canada SD/New Zealand SD. We need the service desk agents to be able to go on one page at the start of their shifts and see ALL unassigned tickets for ALL clients.

1 answer

0 votes
James Deleon February 18, 2016

You should be able to set up a Filter for this, and then have that filter displayed on a Dashboard. To do this:

1. Click Issues -> Search for Issues.
  2. Click "Advanced" if you are not already in the Advanced Search.
  3. Use the following JQL:

assignee is EMPTY AND project in ("USA SD","Canada SD")
  4. After verifying it has pulled up all of the issues you're looking for click "Save As" and then give the Filter a name.
  5. Once it's saved, go to Dashboards -> Manage Dashboards and click "Create New Dashboard" in the top right. 
  6. Give the Dashboard a name and description, and choose who it will be shared with.
  7. View the Dashboard and click "Add Gadget."

There should be an option for "Filter Results" when you select "Add Gadget." Choose the filter you've created, and it will appear on the Dashboard. Your team will then be able to view this filter under Dashboards -> Name of Dashboard.

Jervis Padua February 18, 2016

I will give this a try. Just a follow up query, is it possible to filter both unassigned and updated tickets? The current tool we use can do this but the reason why we want to give JIRA SD a try is it's integration with JIRA. Basically we want the agents to view all new tickets and recently updated tickets. We dont want agents having to go through each SD project to see which ones have been updated or which ones are new.

James Deleon February 19, 2016

Yes, you can create a separate filter for that (and then do a separate Gadget on the Dashboard to display both at the same time.) The JQL would look like this:

updated >= -7d AND status != Closed

The updated portion says anything that's been updated within the past 7 days (change the 7 for different time frames, and I believe you can use m for months as well) and the status just doesn't show tickets that were Closed in that time frame.  

You can change Closed to whatever status you use, and also add further AND statements to narrow it down by project. 

Suggest an answer