Setup Wizard not working with IE 8

Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hello there,

I was installing JIRA 5.2.1 on Windows, then opened the browser, Internet Explorer 8, headed for the Setup Wizard. However the wizard page did not get rendered properly. The buttons are like cut off, without text in it, and I can not press on them to go further. So I switched, termporarily to Firefox, wizard worked fine.

Now I am actually working with Internet Explorer 8 on that installation and have not faced similar problems since, like buttons not showing up correcltly or beeing unable to press on them.

Has anybody made similar experiences ?

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

I got it, all installations did have IE 8 with compatibility mode set for intranet. Did not see that option first. Once turned off, all worked fine.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

This could be cause from compatibility mode. Extract from Confluence Supported Platforms:

Confluence is tested with these versions of Internet Explorer in standards-compliant rendering mode, not compatibility mode. Enabling compatibility mode may cause problems because it emulates older, unsupported rendering modes.

In JIRA Supported Platforms:

Microsoft Internet Explorer <sup>(8)</sup>(tick) 8.0, 9.0 ('Compatibility View' is not supported)

Disable compatibility mode.

Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

Thanks Alex, but as written above, it is disabled. There could be something more to be investigated, both installations have restricted settings configured with security zones.

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2012

Are you able to reproduce the issue systmatically? I just did the same not seems to be the case, have you resizing the windows or changing the resolution during the installation?

Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

I now stumbled a second time over it, for a complete different installation. However I am able to reproduce it locally. When enabling Internet Explorer its compatibility mode. I get the very same behaviour. However, neither of the two installations I made before do have that setting enabled.

Suggest an answer