Setup Project with Multiple teams and boards

Guest December 27, 2017

I am new to JIRA and need help to setup my project with below scenario –

• 1 project
  • 1 project backlog
  • 4 teams with each specific Scrum Board (i.e 4 scrum boards)
  • Each team has its own team backlog (removes issues from Project Backlog like a subset)
  • Each team sprints are independent (kinda parallel )

We need to be able to assign stories to versions/releases and report the release Burndown. At the same time we need to enable each team pull stories from the backlog into their individual team sprint backlogs and report on their individual team velocity at the end of each sprint.

I have tried different configurations like each project for each team and then corresponding boards but I can't figure out how to have multiple teams with their own sprint backlogs with the ability to measure their sprint velocity AND at the same time have a consolidated view of release burndown across teams.

Is this possible to achieve within JIRA Cloud - with or without add-on products? 

Please help /suggest .

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

Hi Sameer,

My suggestion if you are willing to invest in an Add-on will be Portfolio for JIRA. It does provide what you are looking for.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira/cloud/overview

Best

Suggest an answer