Setup Project with Multiple teams and boards

I am new to JIRA and need help to setup my project with below scenario –

• 1 project
  • 1 project backlog
  • 4 teams with each specific Scrum Board (i.e 4 scrum boards)
  • Each team has its own team backlog (removes issues from Project Backlog like a subset)
  • Each team sprints are independent (kinda parallel )

We need to be able to assign stories to versions/releases and report the release Burndown. At the same time we need to enable each team pull stories from the backlog into their individual team sprint backlogs and report on their individual team velocity at the end of each sprint.

I have tried different configurations like each project for each team and then corresponding boards but I can't figure out how to have multiple teams with their own sprint backlogs with the ability to measure their sprint velocity AND at the same time have a consolidated view of release burndown across teams.

Is this possible to achieve within JIRA Cloud - with or without add-on products? 

Please help /suggest .

1 answer

Hi Sameer,

My suggestion if you are willing to invest in an Add-on will be Portfolio for JIRA. It does provide what you are looking for.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira/cloud/overview

Best

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

796 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you