Settings, to do's before Jira upgrade - to foregone errors

Rumceisz September 25, 2012

Hi All,

we are upgrading our Jira next week from version 4.3.4 to 5.1. My experience is that there are some malfunctions, error after an upgrade: there are settings, plugins, etc always went wrong and we realized many weeks after the upgrade.

Have you got a checklist about Jira settings, parameters, plugins which have to be checked right after the upgarde? Maybe from your experience: a list of things which use to get wrong. You know I don't want that our users pick these errors.

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

I strongly recommend, that you disable the Charting Plugin before you update (if you have it installed) - it screwed up my first upgrade attempt totally. Reenabling and updating it later gave no problem.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

Hey Rumcesz,

Do a "Upgrade Check" for plugins using the plugin manager before even deciding to upgrade. This will tell you whether you will have a plugin which does not exist for the latest version of JIRA, but is an absolute requirement for you to upgrade.

I just read about another post asking the same question, and I would like to repeat what Jobin said there. You need to perform the upgrade on a test system to really say that it will be fine.

0 votes
Rumceisz September 25, 2012

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your hint!

Any experience from others?

what are the settings which need to be checked right after the upgrade?

Suggest an answer