Setting watchers

Deleted user February 6, 2013

Is there a way of giving access to set watchers for a user without giving full administrative privilege?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hey there, raerlk.

Can you please check if you have the necessary permissions that should be able to allow you to perform this action as per the following documentation?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Watching+and+Voting+on+an+Issue#WatchingandVotingonanIssue-Mandatoryprojectpermissions

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

I just want to know is there any other way of letting a user to set watchers without giving him the the administrative privelege, because i don't want him to give total control but the setting users.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hey there again.

You can set the necessary permission as explained in the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions documentation.

Voters & Watchers Permissions

Tested this on my end and works fine.

Warm regards,

Danial

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hi realk,

give the user the Manage Watchers permission, then he can manage watcher. I guess he already have View Voters and Watchers permission so he can see watchers.That is basicly what Danial was trying to tell you.

Cheers Udo

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2013

Hey there, Udo.

Thank you for helping me and raerlk out! Really appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Danial

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

You're welcome.

Thank you Danial and Udo for spending time to help me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events